воскресенье, 10 февраля 2013 г.

стар крафт стрим

© Copyright 2011 Rylan Francis

I feel in the end, it turned out pretty well. ВPI am happy with the piece and especially like how his name turned out. ВPJinx is happy, so thats always good too. Check it out, support him, and watch his stream over at twitch:

From there, it was just a matter of laying pieces of metal platforms together to create my vision of a futuristic space platform that streams Starcraft games. ВPI had some existing metal textures that I used to give the metal depth. ВPOn the glowing pieces and his name, I added a bit of smoke – homage to the protoss dark templars in the game. ВPThis was my way of adding our Starcraft race back into this piece.

That basically took care of the blue and black right off the bat. For the purple, I thought about the units within Starcraft and how your team is determined by your personal color. ВPEach unit has pieces of their body that is your personal color. And I thought, “What if this spaceВPsatelliteВPhas accents of purple as if it’s Jinx’s player color in the game.” ВPSo as I built this flying spaceВPcontraption, I highlighted pieces with glowing purple to contour and accentuate each shape of my design.

From there, I based the entire design on his favorite colors: black, blue, and purple. ВPThis was an interesting combination of colors to work with. ВPThe black and blue sort of worked, they are kind of spacey. ВPThe purple was a bit of an oddball. ВPThat is until I started relating it to Starcraft. For the entire design, I was kind of picturing this floating space platform. ВPAlmost like aВPsatelliteВPbroadcasting Jinx’s stream from another galaxy. ВPSo in order to do this, I would need a backdrop orВPenvironmentВPto float this thing in. ВPI was able to find a beautiful picture from Starcraft (I believe I remember seeing this on the end credits of the campaign).

I started with this design that tried to capture the protoss look and feel. ВPJinx was a protoss player, like myself, and so I thought this would be pretty cool. I looked at their buildings and the yellow shades that are soВPfamiliarВPto anyone thats played the game. I went about creating this horrid piece of trash. ВPI mean it was bad. It just didn’t make any sense and looked ridiculous. ВPI was about to email him and say, “Hey man, sorry this isn’t going to work out.” But, I ended up going back to the drawing board and thinking more about what would be good for the client.

I believe this might be the first person who has become a walk-in client to my website. ВPI say client, because I have gotten a lot of emails asking for help or suggestions about different things. ВPI am usually more then happy to help those people out. ВPBut this is the first time I think someone has sought out my design services based on my website alone. Most of my freelance business I would say is word of mouth. ВPAnd I usually prefer it that way, I like to meet my clients and sort of have a trusting relationship with them. ВPIt usually helps me weed out the clients from hell that most designers talk about. ВPBut I have to say, Jinx was really cool to work with. He seemed to enjoy what I was doing and gave suggestions on what he liked so we went from there. ВPI am glad he contacted me, as this project turned out pretty cool.

So i guess the Starcraft 2 overlay I created for Ghoknhar has become a little popular, I have gotten a few people that have come to the site and checked it out. ВPIt was a lot of fun to do and as an avid watcher of e-sports its kind of fun to help the scene out a bit. ВPFrom my previous post, I was contacted by another Starcraft player named Jinx. ВPHe is also a protoss player (woohoo) and really enjoyed what I did for Ghoknhar. This lead him to wonder if I might create something for him.

Starcraft 2 Streaming Overlay Part Duex: Jinx

Starcraft 2 Streaming Overlay Part Duex: Jinx | Web | rylanfrancis.com

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий